Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Mothers Love

I remember the moment Lily was born when her fusses were soothed by laying on my chest. She looked up at me with her big blue eyes as if she was saying "I'm all yours momma and I'm never growing up!" Now she is so big, running around knowing exactly what she wants.
Her happiness spreads through me like a cool ice cream cone on a hot summers day. It's cheesy to say 'they grow up too fast' but it's oh so true. When I hold her now she wraps her arms around my neck with a slight squeeze as if she is telling me again, "I'm all yours momma, but now I'm growing up." Last night I pulled her out of her bed and held her tight, all night. I didn't want it to end. Every day is bitter sweet. It's so wonderful to see her learning new things and becoming so independent yet I never want to let my baby go. As she grows and becomes more independent day by day, I will cherish every moment. Then one day, she will have a family of her own and she will look at her own daughter with indescribable love and feel the bitter sweet truth behind a mothers love.

As each day passes and Lily grows older, I think of my own mother and can't imagine how hard it must be live so far away from her girls. So to her I say, I'm all yours momma and though I've grown up, I will love you and appreciate you forever. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. Please remember this is a family blog and stay respectful! TIA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...